2 LANG B SUBJECTS - HELP PLEASE URGENT!

Hello. I'm a new student in the 2 year course IBDP Program this year and I have an urgent question right now.

Is it possible to take 2 language B subjects for the IBDP Program?

So, here is my plan. I want to take English B (HL) and MandarinAB Initio for my choice 1 and choice 2 language subjects respectively.

However, I'm currently in English A (SL) because I'm not offered English B (HL), but my English teacher kept on saying that if you think that you can't take English A SL, because it's very tough and your language skills is not sufficient, you can go down.

So, I went to meet the VP of my school to talk about this because I want to go down and he told me that we are only allowed to take 1 A language and 1 B language. I was so shocked and so sad! Like, really my English skills are really awful compared to other people and I was already suffering in English First Lang IGCSE.

Wanted to post this because I still can't believe what he said and I need clarifications & maybe some suggestions please?

Thank you so much. 

From what I understand about the IB program, you must take a language A. You can take two language Bs as long as you still take a language A. So, you cannot only take English B and Mandarin AB as there is no language A. 

Best, IB_taking_over

46 minutes ago, IB_taking_over said:

From what I understand about the IB program, you must take a language A. You can take two language Bs as long as you still take a language A. So, you cannot only take English B and Mandarin AB as there is no language A. 

Best, IB_taking_over

Aaaaah that's so sad :((((. Thank you so much for the response!