math ia sl help needed

rj5

hi i have to write an ia for math sl and i wanted to model climate change. is this a suitable topic for math sl? also i need help writing it because i dont know how to go about it? like what do i do first? do i make a sine curve? the internet isnt really helping right now. can someone give me a few steps on how to model climate change? please i really need help! im very confused!

Your best option is to get in touch with your teacher and ask for guidance.

Modelling "climate change" seems very broad. What are you trying to model? CO2 emissions? Changes in global temperatures?  You should choose an aspect of climate change you want to model first. You don't want to model any random aspect; try to connect it with something more meaningful. You have to show personal engagement in your IA, so connect it with something you do. For example, if you snowboard, you could look at changing temperatures and the amount of snowfall over the years in a place where you regularly snowboard (that's just an example to illustrate the point). After you come up with what you want to model, you have to collect your data and then get on to modelling. Just making a sine curve will probably not be enough "math", as it seems rather simple, but you can tweak it or expand it to develop your IA.

But again, talk to your teacher for guidance. If you find trouble with the topic, don't be scared to change it while you have time.

We haven’t take the course yet and are expected to write an ia on it. We have no books related to it so it’s basically self study. I decided to do global c02 emissions over time and modeling that. How would I go about doing this ? Where would I find the help I need? 

When's the IA due? People think stats IA score well but it's really just lots of number crunching on relationships that may or may not be there. I think it's completely unnecessary to do something this complicated, especially since when you do not have not started SL. If it is due early (for example in year 1) then just do something slightly beyond syllabus, for example some of the easier HL content from algebra or functions. If you are set on modelling, you can do it on a shape of your choice and you have control of going however complicated. Using other people's data you have no control over the difficulty of the IA. 

It’s due august 15th and my teacher said that climate change was a good topic and it must be According to the syllabus. I was going to do co2 emission and global warming, but I don’t know how to proceed or another good topic