Need help with my Maths IA

indimpi

I have handed in my draft for my math IA a few weeks ago on the SIR Model and the deadline for the final version is at the end of this month. I am finding it difficult to make it unique, contrasting, and interesting as many people choose this topic as well. Any ideas for what I could do to change it up so that I can get the best possible marks?

Hey! The easiest way to make your maths IA (or any IA in any subject) relevant and unique is to try and find a way you can apply it to your life! So if the SIR model is looking at spread of disease, maybe run the model for the country you live in? or even your local area or school population? You could also think about what is a big disease/illness where you live and try and link it to the news? 

Hope this helps! 

Thank you so much for the reply! The country I live in has not had any epidemic outbreaks in the past 30-40 years so I cannot connect my IA to my country. The epidemic I have written about in my draft is the Ebola virus, where I used statistics for a couple of countries and applied those to the SIR model. Do you perhaps have any other suggestions?

You don't have to be formal in your IA. You can discuss your thoughts about SIR model as you learned it. What interests/confuses/surprises you? How does it relate to course content? How does learning SIR reaffirms or consolidates your understanding of the syllabus content, or math in general? What are some applications of SIR other than what you have investigated? How does SIR relate to your daily life or other courses?