Before starting the IB

Yusuke

This summer, I am preparing myself for the IB . 

Can someone give me some advice of what I should do over this summer.

( Right now, I am..........

・looking through the HL math textbook from oxford

・Doing HL Physics for fun ( using Cambridge textbook )

・Looking through the SL biology textbook   ( Not that often )

・scheduling my time

・Having fun!!!!!!!   )

If not already, you should read all the IB subject guides "syllabi" to be familiar with how the courses are structured. I like that you are looking through physics and math, because these two courses would be hardest to catch up if you were to fall behind. It may also good to just generally chill out. If you are reading/watching from a variety of sources (such as news, videos, articles), that may help with finding inspirations for IAs.Finally, if you are weak in any particular subject it is also worth focusing on those.

You're doing it very well. In my school Maths and Physics were infinitely more difficult than the other ones. (Same thing happened with the final exams)

If you have more questions about the IB, we can contact outside this app and I can fully answer it (no commercial interest, I simply want to speak English). Go through my last posts and you'll find a more detailed explanation. (This goes for anybody interested.) :) ;)

Edited by clauiblovelanguages

Please don't use Khan academy for physics, maths and chemistry.  You can head over to youtube and try videos of Richard Thornley and Andrew Weng for Chemistry and use Chris Doner and Studynova for physics. You can prepare the content in your book within this year. Prepare your IA topics beforehand so that you can have a headstart and finish your IA's than your classmates. IF you are taking EE in physics, even prepare your topics for it beforehand. Note: always have some backup topics if your IA and EE topics are rejectes by your supervisor/teacher. Also you can start preparing for your syllabus and your written examinations from now which will give boost if you compare it with your classmates and friends.

Good Luck!

All the best in getting a 45..... 

Guides update on average every 7-8 years for each course. For example we are at a middle of a cycle for most group 4 and near the end for most other subjects (near beginning for some group 3). They are found on Files / IB documents / syllabus on this forum, and many other place on internet by searching for subject, "guide", "ib" etc. The first examinations refer to years whenyou are taking the exam 

46 minutes ago, strawberry said:

Hello! Where can I find the the IB subject guides syllabi/can you provide me the links if you can 😅 Thank you!

You can ask your teacher or find them online by googling eg "IB chemistry syllabus". Just make sure it is for the correct examination period, most of the 2009/2011 ones are outdated by now!