Should I change my HLs?

lucyxkim

Hi everyone,

I decided to take HL Chem, Math, and Physics and SL Econ, English LangLIt, and Mandarin B.

I did get pretty good grades in 10th grade, but my parents are worried that I'm taking too many courses that have heavy workload.

I have three 10-day cycles to change the subject - alternately I'm think of taking Chem SL and Econ HL

If anyone has the same combo as I do, I would love to hear your experience and advice.

2 hours ago, IBZOMBIE9840 said:

If you are taking any engineering course for your universities

I'm considering taking some sort of an engineering course, so I was thinking maybe it will strengthen my chance to get into a good university if I take two sciences and math HL

3 hours ago, lucyxkim said:

I'm considering taking some sort of an engineering course, so I was thinking maybe it will strengthen my chance to get into a good university if I take two sciences and math HL

Yes. You can proceed on with the present choice of your subjects as you said it will strengthen your chance and at the same time you will have a mover advantage against all the other candidates in the university admissions and proceedings

11 hours ago, IBZOMBIE9840 said:

Yes. You can proceed on with the present choice of your subjects as you said it will strengthen your chance and at the same time you will have a mover advantage against all the other candidates in the university admissions and proceedings

True, but I'm not confident that I will get good marks on all three HLs bc I know they are really heavy subjects. I mean having math chem physics HL is not really worth it if I dont get a good IB score

On 8/12/2018 at 7:04 AM, lucyxkim said:

True, but I'm not confident that I will get good marks on all three HLs bc I know they are really heavy subjects. I mean having math chem physics HL is not really worth it if I dont get a good IB score

Ok so you can go on with your present subjects as you are not confident in this. IB is all about confidence. you should be confident what you're going to take

• Like 1