Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Should I change my HLs?

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I decided to take HL Chem, Math, and Physics and SL Econ, English LangLIt, and Mandarin B.

I did get pretty good grades in 10th grade, but my parents are worried that I'm taking too many courses that have heavy workload.

I have three 10-day cycles to change the subject - alternately I'm think of taking Chem SL and Econ HL

If anyone has the same combo as I do, I would love to hear your experience and advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are taking any engineering course for your universities, then it is recommended that to continue with the same. But if you are interested in taking the any other course linked with economics you can go on switching from Chem Hl to sl and bringing up eco sl to hl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IBZOMBIE9840 said:

If you are taking any engineering course for your universities

I'm considering taking some sort of an engineering course, so I was thinking maybe it will strengthen my chance to get into a good university if I take two sciences and math HL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lucyxkim said:

I'm considering taking some sort of an engineering course, so I was thinking maybe it will strengthen my chance to get into a good university if I take two sciences and math HL

Yes. You can proceed on with the present choice of your subjects as you said it will strengthen your chance and at the same time you will have a mover advantage against all the other candidates in the university admissions and proceedings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IBZOMBIE9840 said:

Yes. You can proceed on with the present choice of your subjects as you said it will strengthen your chance and at the same time you will have a mover advantage against all the other candidates in the university admissions and proceedings

True, but I'm not confident that I will get good marks on all three HLs bc I know they are really heavy subjects. I mean having math chem physics HL is not really worth it if I dont get a good IB score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2018 at 7:04 AM, lucyxkim said:

True, but I'm not confident that I will get good marks on all three HLs bc I know they are really heavy subjects. I mean having math chem physics HL is not really worth it if I dont get a good IB score

Ok so you can go on with your present subjects as you are not confident in this. IB is all about confidence. you should be confident what you're going to take

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...