IB SUBJECTS NEED URGENT ADVICE *TIME SENSITIVE*

Taif

Hello everyone, 

I am an ex IGCSE student going into IB  in September. These are my subject choices: 

• English A HL
  • Arabic A SL
  • Psychology HL (online)
  • Biology HL
  • Math SL
  • Chemistry SL

my only problem with this subject choice is biology as my memory is not the very best. 

My predicament is a lot of people encourage me to do math HL and physics HL. I do enjoy both subjects however I don’t know what career choice they will lead me to. You see with my initial subjects I could get into neuroscience or biotechnology which is what I’m interested in but I’m open to other careers as well like artificial intelligence (which requires math and physics hL)  

The problem is: I don’t want to end up with a 4 in math and physics HL + I’m scared the workload will be too much + the fact that math is online will hinder my performance. By the way if I would be taking math and physics hL these are my subjects:

• Physics A HL
  • Arabic A SL
  • Math HL (online)
  • Art HL
  • English SL
  • Chemistry SL

please advise me to the right choice.

Hey! You have time during the IB to change your subject so just start with the one you want to do and then if that is too much work or you are not enjoying it then you can change during the first term :) Your first package looks really interesting! If you think you need more maths qualification you could always look into doing an additional Maths A Level or other qualification like that. Or even take Maths at HL at a 4th higher. 

Let me know if you need any more help! 

10 minutes ago, AndresLopez said:

Hey! You have time during the IB to change your subject so just start with the one you want to do and then if that is too much work or you are not enjoying it then you can change during the first term :) Your first package looks really interesting! If you think you need more maths qualification you could always look into doing an additional Maths A Level or other qualification like that. Or even take Maths at HL at a 4th higher. 

Let me know if you need any more help! 

Thanks for the input it really helps. I think I should stick to my first plan as I’m skeptical about the second.