Hello everyone! I'm going into the 10th grade this year, and am planning on doing the IB program 11th-12th grade. In the future I am hoping to be a pediatrician, so I was looking online for what IB classes you should take in order for medical school. Most sites said Biology and Chemistry HL. I like chemistry a lot and am hoping to HL in that, but I'm not so sure about biology. So, first of all, would HL biology be necessary for medical school? Also, if I did do HL bio, would it be important to take biology this year too? (Pre-IB) I'm currently signed up to do physics, and I did biology in 8th grade, but I've heard that HL bio is really difficult so I'm wondering if I should take up biology this year to be prepared for when I do IB. Also, considering I want to be a pediatrician, I'm unsure whether physics is actually important or if I should just do biology instead.

Thank you!