Bio IA topic help

brooklynbaly

Hello, I have several ideas for my Bio IA, but I am not sure how well any of them actually are and if I could get a high mark on them or not. They are:

1) 

How do different concentrations of orlistat affect the activity of the enzyme lipase on the substrate butter as measured by……….?

Here I am not sure how to measure the activity of the enzyme lipase. Any ideas?

2)

How do different concentrations of the inhibitor (?) impact the enzyme lactase and its’ ability to break down lactose as measured by the glucose concentration of the remaining substance?

Do any of you know about any inhibitors to lactase? If not any other ideas to make this question more unique would be great. Also what way is best to measure glucose concentration of lactase activity. I was thinking glucose strips but I am not sure.
3)

How do different concentrations of copper (II) sulphate affect the activity of the enzyme catalase derived from bananas (maybe liver) on the substrate hydrogen peroxide as measured by……(it’s decomposition??)?

Any ideas on how to measure the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide would be great. I know of a few but I am not sure my school has the equipment. Also is this an overdone idea?