research question for ia plis help me

Hania201

Hi, send help plisss :)

I struggle with a proper research question and my teacher isn't really helpful. I am thinking about two rq: To what extend Watergate scandal influenced public opinion about the role of the President of United States or To what extent hypothesis about the murder of Alexander The Great in 323 BC in Babylon is justified? I don't even know if those two rq are properly formulated so I would be really thankful for any tips or suggestions as my deadline for first draft is coming in 8 days. 

8 hours ago, Hania201 said:

Hi, send help plisss :)

I struggle with a proper research question and my teacher isn't really helpful. I am thinking about two rq: To what extend Watergate scandal influenced public opinion about the role of the President of United States or To what extent hypothesis about the murder of Alexander The Great in 323 BC in Babylon is justified? I don't even know if those two rq are properly formulated so I would be really thankful for any tips or suggestions as my deadline for first draft is coming in 8 days. 

For the first RQ: It definitely sounds interesting, but it might be too broad and you'd be in danger of touching on current events, as there have been comparisons drawn between Trump and Nixon. For History, you should you be talking about stuff from 10-20 years ago. It might be good to focus on a specific timeline so that you're not talking about really recent events. Also, this is minor, but it is "To what extent did…" rather than "To what extend." 

For the second RQ: This topic might be too narrow, but I'm not completely sure. I would do more research for this topic to see whether this is too little to write on for such a short paper. If it is too narrow, you could also focus on multiple views about how Alexander the Great died. Another comment about grammar: it should be "To what extent is the hypothesis about Alexander the Great's murder in 323 BC in Babylon justified?" Again though, that's a very minor mistake. 

Hope I helped! :D 

Edited by ShootingStar16
Wrote "4000 words" because I thought this was for the EE