What's your study schedule?

Le Chair

I've just started the IB and I'm having trouble organising my study schedule. I have to spend most of my time in math, physics, chem and history, but still don't know how to space my study blocks. Do you have any tips? What should I do to study? Past papers? Exercises? 

Thanks

what are your subject choices?? Start studying your maths, physics and chemistry if they are your HL. start getting exposure to past papers and start making your fundamentals in maths, physics and chemistry strong so that you can ace your exams which are being kept during the 1st year.  start planning on your HL's and then you can just touch up on your SL's after october but don't leave your SL's just like that. study your SL's at least twice a week.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 10:39 PM, IBZOMBIE9840 said:

what are your subject choices?? Start studying your maths, physics and chemistry if they are your HL. start getting exposure to past papers and start making your fundamentals in maths, physics and chemistry strong so that you can ace your exams which are being kept during the 1st year.  start planning on your HL's and then you can just touch up on your SL's after october but don't leave your SL's just like that. study your SL's at least twice a week.

Thank you!!

I am doing physics, chemistry and English B HL and history, math and portuguese A SL. I also have 4 non-IB subjects that I have to study for. My plan was to study my HLs (and math) almost everyday and my SLs about four times a week, and the non-IB subjects just once a week, since they aren't that important.

On 9/1/2018 at 11:31 PM, Le Chair said:

Thank you!!

I am doing physics, chemistry and English B HL and history, math and portuguese A SL. I also have 4 non-IB subjects that I have to study for. My plan was to study my HLs (and math) almost everyday and my SLs about four times a week, and the non-IB subjects just once a week, since they aren't that important.

That will do. Just try doing a lot of past papers.

Once a month or so, you can make crib sheets for each subject, especially, math and group 4. So you get something to review when you are just on a 5-10 minute break and you can review something quick. There are many of those times in a day and it's just not as productive to try work out a problem in that time. 

• Like 1