What happens if I did not meet TOK essay school deadline?

Amlkub

I submitted 1200 words TOK essay four days later (Aug 28, 2018) after the deadline. This deadline is not the ib deadline but its what the teacher set. The teacher was okay with me submitting four days late because the majority of the students did not submitted on the deadline. However, today Aug 30, 2018, I decide to submit reworked TOK Essay, specifically changing the introduction, evidence used and 200 more words, then I uploaded to the candidate ib website. The teacher was not okay with me reworking on the essay and told me to submit the previous one, so he rejected my essay I uploaded on the candidate website. For me this is an unfair situation because I reworked hard and there are still students that not yet submit the essay for the school deadline. I think if there are students that are given extra time to work on the essay, I should also have the right to rework on it.

The teacher told me that he will not give me extra time, and said that this was supposed be submitted a week ago. He also said "It tooks a week to check my essay" which he did not want to recheck my essay again.

My question is am I possible to submit the essay that I reworked after the deadline passed? Do I have the right? Should I ask my teacher for allowing me submit the reworked essay?

You can try talking to your DP Coordinator. If there are still people who have not submitted their essay by the time you've submitted your reworked version, then you do have the right to ask the teacher to allow you to submit the reworked essay. Still, TOK is pretty subjective and arguably random in its marking so I wouldn't worry about it too much .

• Thanks 1

I think resubmission is a privilege not a right. A right is being able to use graphing calculator on math paper two. A priviledge is being allowed to finish CAS in year one. As with priviledges go, your teacher has the ultimate authority over what to do. I definitely concur with idea of asking Coordinator, but your teacher is not obligated to permit the resubmission.

• Thanks 1