Please HELP ASAP emergency

xx8567help

HI guys!
So I really want to get into either IB or AP program in high school, and just want to understand what exactly is on the test (for both programs). I've heard and read other people saying that there's an english and math component (for me there's 100% no french on the test), but if anyone knows what EXACT subjects are incorporated into the math and english (like what are the questions like), PLEASE do reply and share. I don't have a lot of time....only a few months left. 

The open house is in October, and I would greatly appreciate if anyone who's already in IB or AP programs to write down any sample questions that they remember, or some essay questions that they had to do. Please, this is sort of an emergency, and I would immensely appreciate it as it means a lot to me and my family. I don't really know anything about the math or english, considering I'm the first one in my family to ever deal with this opportunity.

If you want to know about my academic profile, I'm a hardworking student who has a good average (more than 70% though I prefer not to specify). I'd just like to know if the entrance exam is easy and what are the questions they will ask. 

Thank you and love always,

an eager IB/AP learner

I go to an ib high school and no entrance exam was required, but I believe it depends on what country/province you live in. However, I'd suggest talking to your previous teachers from junior high as I assume you're going from grade 9 to 10. Email your old teachers and they can give you advice on what to study for. You can also contact the office of the high school you are registering into, as they might also be able to give aid. 

I thought this was obvious, but each school writes their own entry exams. For English it's most likely write an essay on the spot and you are generally assessed for grammar, structure, and flow/arguments, or some reading comprehension (very rare). Math should be based on some critical thinking problems from grade 7-8 curriculum. Math topics probably include algebra, geometry, patterns, stats/data analysis, maybe right triangles, contest problems (eg Math Kangaroo, Waterloo Gauss contest) if the school is competitive.

2 hours ago, xx8567help said:

Wow thanks so much guys!!! 

Also by any chance, do you guys know any questions that were previously on the test for the math, or examples of the essay questions on the english part??

I want to just reiterate the obvious fact that each school writes its own entry exams, if any, and hence they can vary greatly in topics covered and questions style. However, a common essay question, if applicable, could be why you are good for IB program or similar.