Need help with motivation!

Jokurandomi

I am not sure what kind of answers you are hoping for.

I guess the first steps are to make sure you have enough rest (relative for an IB student). Basically unless you are some national athlete and have to work/volunteer 10 hours a week you should aim for 8 hours of sleep per night. Next come physical and mental health. Regularly exercise (include light jogs) and look for ways that can quickly distress (eg stroll at park, squeeze balls, fidget relievers/stuff). You need to overcome lethargy to be productive. Finally just ask what others do for time management and break things into bite size and don't try to finish a long assignment in one day.  

A big aspect of motivation is that you clearly see the end goal. It is especially easy to lose motivation when you have a distraction around you. So, as a first step try to remove any distracting factors, such as social media. Just delete it, and you eventually will stop thinking about it. 

And as aforementioned, sleep is very important, You think much more differently with 5 hours of sleep compared to 8-9.

As well, a little bit of competitiveness gives rise to motivation. Look to your other classmates, listen to them talk about assignments. Allow yourself to become a bit competitive. 

Finally, create schedules with goals. Even if you dont feel motivated, just follow it.  Eventually, it will become second nature. Taking little steps and meeting those little goals will motivate you as well.

Good luck! 

• 2 months later...
On 9/11/2018 at 8:04 PM, Jokurandomi said:

I really need help with motivation.. I have been struggling with the lack of motivation for a month now and it is driving me crazy.. I'm starting to get scared that I don't have enough motivation to even pass the IB

Already needing help finding motivation? C'mon you barely started😂. I have problems with motivation/procrastination as well don't you worry you are not alone. What you can do is have fun and set aside about 1h30 every day to study a subject that you have trouble in. Once it's over, go enjoy yourself so that your mind can stay refreshed and relaxed to not cause stress and eventually leading to procrastination.