Difficult Subject in IB

SteffenCarter

You have to take math but you can choose between Math HL, Math SL, or Math Studies, with HL being the hardest and Studies being the easiest (keep in mind that some universities do not accept Math Studies depending on your major and how much math would be involved in the chosen career field). However, you do not have to take Physics, but you do have to take a science. You have the choice of Physics HL or SL, Biology HL or SL, and Chemistry HL or SL, with the Higher Levels (HL) being more in-depth and a bit harder, and the Standard Levels (SL) being more basic. Some schools even offer an Environmental Studies course instead of Bio, Physics, or Chemistry.

15 hours ago, Lucky- said:

I think the syllabus for math has changed for 2020. Its either applied math or something else, IB banned math studies.

But for now, math HL or Further math HL, is the hardest 

I heard about them getting rid of Studies too! I was told that there will be an easier and a harder branch of Math SL and an easier and a harder branch Math HL, like two different levels of each rather than having Studies. My question, though, is how similar the easier Math SL will be to the Studies course...

On 9/19/2018 at 5:36 PM, Lucky- said:

I think the syllabus for math has changed for 2020. Its either applied math or something else, IB banned math studies.

But for now, math HL or Further math HL, is the hardest 

Its gonna change for 2021 :pp But yeah they will make an easier and harder Math SL course instead of studies.. I have heard that the harder one is harder than SL is now and the easier a bit easier. Also for some reason, they are getting rid of Further Math HL ://

Edited by Jokurandomi