You know you are in IB when...

a.barghuthi

36 Things To Do In An Exam When You Know You're Going To Fail It Anyways!

5. Run into the exam room looking about frantically. Breathe a sigh of relief. Go to the instructor, say "They've found me, I have to leave the country" and run off.

7. Come into the exam wearing slippers, a bathrobe, a towel on your head, and nothing else.

11. Every 5 min. stand up, collect all your things, move to another seat, continue with the exam.

30. After you get the exam, call the instructor

34. Fake an orgasm. When interrupted, apologize, and explain that question #__ moved you, deeply.

38. Bring a giant cockroach into the room and release it on a girl nearby.

These made me go ROFL. I wonder how the reactions would be haha.

Have you guys read the "How to Write an IB Paper in 25 Easy Steps"? If not, here it is. Remember to read it from step 1 to end or else it wouldn't be as fun :P

1. Sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a well-lighted place with plenty of freshly sharpened pencils.

2. Read over the assignment carefully, to make certain you understand it.

3. Walk to the local Starbucks and buy some coffee to help you concentrate.

4. Stop over at a friend's house on the way back and visit with them. If your friend hasn't started the paper yet either, you can both walk to McDonalds and buy a hamburger to help you concentrate. If your friend shows you their paper, typed, double-spaced, and bound in one of those irritating plastic see-thru folders, drop them.

5. When you get back, sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a well-lighted place with plenty of freshly sharpened pencils.

6. Read over the assignment again to make sure you absolutely understand it.

7. You know, you haven't written to that kid you met at camp since fourth grade. You'd better write that letter now and get it out of the way so you can concentrate.

8. Go look at your teeth in the bathroom mirror.

9. Listen to one side of your favourite tape and that's it, I mean it, as soon as it's over you are going to start the paper.

10. Listen to the other side.

11. Rearrange all of your CD's, tapes, etc. into alphabetical order.

12. Phone your friend and ask if they've started the paper yet. Exchange derogatory remarks about your teacher, the course, the IB program, the world in general.

13. Sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a well-lighted place with plenty of freshly sharpened pencils.

14. Read over the assignment again; roll the words across your tongue; savour its special flavour.

15. Check out the newspaper listings to make sure you aren't missing something truly worthwhile on TV. Note: when a paper is due in less than 12 hours, anything on TV from Masterpiece Theatre to Sgt. Preston of the Yukon is truly worthwhile, with these exceptions: 1) Pro Bowler's Tour, 2) any movie starring Don Ameche.

16. Catch the last hour of Soul Brother of Kung Fu on channel 26.

17. Phone your friend again to see if they were watching. Discuss the finer points of the plot.

18. Go look at your tongue in the bathroom mirror.

19. Look through your album of pictures from the last 15 years. Try to remember who everyone is.

20. Sit down and do some serious thinking about your future.

21. Open your door and check to see if there are any IB coordinators lurking about.

22. Sit in a straight, comfortable chair in a well-lighted place with plenty of freshly sharpened pencils.

23. Read over the assignment one more time, just for the heck of it.

24. Scoot your chair across the room to the window and watch the sunrise.

25. Lie face down on the floor and moan.

How about:

-When you use semicolons in text messages

-When you research the purpose of researching

-When you feel that 4000 words simply isn't enough

-When your course work for one semester amounts to more than you've ever completed in your entire academic history

When you are in IB

1.The sun is too loud

2.You can see individual air molecules vibrating.

3.You wonder if brewing is an essential step in the consumption of coffee.

4.It's okay to fail, so long as you are not alone.

5. You finish your extended essay shortly after midnight. Your smile of satisfaction fades when you remember to start on your World Lit. paper.

6.Desperate to fill up your CAS hours, you claim watching a black and white movie as "creativity" and walking your dog as "activity", and your teacher approves it.

7.Even after pulling an all-nighter, you have not finished all of your work

8. you want to commit suicide but you are JUST TOO BUSY

Top Ten Reasons to be an IB Diploma Candidate.

10. I want to conform to an international standard of educational excellence.

9. I want to be surrounded by other intelligent, dedicated students.

8. I want to work extremely hard.

7. I want to sacrifice almost all of my time to studying.

6. I want my class rank to be as low as it can possibly be.

5. I want to have an overwhelmingly high stress level.

4. I want to immerse myself in an environment of competition and mutual jealousy.

3. I want to burn away any vestiges of creativity or independent thought that I might have left after sophomore year.

2. I want to to discover that all of the extra work I did to get the IB Diploma made absolutely no difference in my college admissions.

1. I feel masochistic.

5. You finish your extended essay shortly after midnight. Your smile of satisfaction fades when you remember to start on your World Lit. paper.

Hahahahahahah, this is what it's going to be like this weekend.

EE is done, then TOK essay... then study study study.

Potentially going to be the worst weekend of my life!

7.Even after pulling an all-nighter, you have not finished all of your work

Sounds a lot like my EE presentation...

All nighter... talking to my friend in Calgary.

Didn't finish it till 10:30- in which I presented the minute I finished.

Got an 94 so whatevs.

4. I want to immerse myself in an environment of competition and mutual jealousy.

I HATE MY CLASS FOR THIS.

Seriously, I cry every day because of this.

6.Desperate to fill up your CAS hours, you claim watching a black and white movie as "creativity" and walking your dog as "activity", and your teacher approves it

Change that to 'In a ToK-ish way, you argue with your cas coordinator, in order to gain more hours, that watching a black and white movie is creativity and walking the dog is action.'

:P

Edited by Afterglow

Guest PollyPeptide
8. you want to commit suicide but you are JUST TOO BUSY

I feel the need to quote my classmate here:

"I'm so stressed, I'm going to implode. No, explode, because that implies that I have to pick up pieces of myself and that will add another few minutes to my already full schedule."

And as for the class competing thing, it's actually not present in our class. I mean, we ask each other how tests went and compare results, but it's only for jokes. I think at least. I hope.

And as for the class competing thing, it's actually not present in our class. I mean, we ask each other how tests went and compare results, but it's only for jokes. I think at least. I hope.

Are you in your first year?

Because that's how it was for my class last year.

Now, everyone is out to make the other person look bad at any cost.

You know you were in IB and did Drama for English A1 when you come back to your old school to watch the middle school winter drama production and started analysing the set up of the stage.

That's what I did. So my school has a drama production every year before we break up for Xmas break and I went to see this year's show. This year, unlike usual, they've set up the audience to sit on the stage and have the kids perform on where they usually set up chairs for the audience. When I first saw it set up at dress rehearsal and again today, all I thought of was the breaking of the fourth wall that's usual present in drama and a play we did in Eng A1 - The Real Inspector Hound, and the idea of reversal - with the audience on the stage. :P

Guest PollyPeptide
Are you in your first year?

Because that's how it was for my class last year.

Now, everyone is out to make the other person look bad at any cost.

Yup, first year. I really hope my class doesn't become like that later.. It's a wonderful class so far. But I can certainly see some competition tendencies even now :P

When you are in IB

4.It's okay to fail, so long as you are not alone.

Top Ten Reasons to be an IB Diploma Candidate.

So true! I swear, in HL math it's like

Me (thinking) : ****, I failed

Teacher : So everyone, I was dissappointed to say that the class median was 50%.

Everyone : YUSSSSSSS!

What I hate most about IB is how competitive and jealous you become! The environment sucks! Then again, it's likely that we'll be immersed in a far more competitive atmosphere in university or in certain jobs.

Really, you guys are competitive. Everyone was really supportive while I was doing IB, sure there were little rivalries but everyone would always be ready to help each other, especially considering in the end you aren't ranked against your class. I find that people were way more supportive than people who did the alternative to IB, where you are always ranked. I often found people in the other course asking me whether or not they should give someone the notes they had from class when the person was away sick. Whereas it was nothing like that with people in IB.