Hello there!

I'm very new to the IBDP and we're starting our first FOA presentations in about two weeks. We've been told to make a detailed outline of our FOA by tomorrow, and I'm still unsure of what topic and text I want to choose!

So, I was wondering how to find texts to use for your part 1 FOA, as our book doesn't provide any good ones. Are there any good websites containing good texts? 

I've tried searching around for a bit, but I can't seem to find anything good... I'd appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

- Matt

• 3 months later...

It really depends what you're into. Someone in my class did Rupi Kaur's 'Milk and Honey', which is contemporary poetry and falls under Language and Gender. There's a short piece of writing called 'Girl' by Jamaica Kincaid, which is also about gender. There's 'Search for My Tongue' by Sujata Bhatt and this is about lang and identity. There's a short story called 'Yellow Wallpaper' by Charlotte Perkins Gilman and that's for lang and gender. For lang and power, you could do any presidents auguration speech. Remember you can also use visual texts!

I personally like to sing and song write and wrote two songs, showed them to the class and analysed the lyrics as part of Lang and Identity. It's a hard one to score on but it's a creative idea and I scored decently high :)

Hope this helps:)

Edited by NinaG