Easiest SL Group 4 (Science) Subject?

strafa

I plan to major in PPE (Philosophy, Politics, Economics) where my science subject doesn't really matter, and since I plan to take Math and History at HL (from what I've read, I believe these subjects are the hardest), which SL group 4 (science) subject will be the easiest and have the least amount of workload? Thanks!

Group 4 subjects my school offers: Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Computer Science

The vast majority of people taking Math HL don't find it easy. Math and History HL are both incredibly time-consuming subjects. Yet, none of these 4 SL sciences (or any for that matter) guarantees good grade with minimal effort. This all comes down to which you have most experience with.

If you never had a coding class, I would reject CompSci right away, because you don't know if you can grasp it right away (or take the class then immediately make a decision to stay or to drop). For the other courses, it has to come down to which you are most interested in. The assumption is that if you are interested in the subject, you will spend more than minimal effort, and ends up with a good grade. Conversely if you go for a subject just because other people say it's easy, you may be overconfident and not spend much time and do bad in the subject. In addition, you cannot rely on math to get you through any of the remaining three subjects. 

19 hours ago, kw0573 said:

The vast majority of people taking Math HL don't find it easy. Math and History HL are both incredibly time-consuming subjects. Yet, none of these 4 SL sciences (or any for that matter) guarantees good grade with minimal effort. This all comes down to which you have most experience with.

If you never had a coding class, I would reject CompSci right away, because you don't know if you can grasp it right away (or take the class then immediately make a decision to stay or to drop). For the other courses, it has to come down to which you are most interested in. The assumption is that if you are interested in the subject, you will spend more than minimal effort, and ends up with a good grade. Conversely if you go for a subject just because other people say it's easy, you may be overconfident and not spend much time and do bad in the subject. In addition, you cannot rely on math to get you through any of the remaining three subjects. 

Thanks for the advice! It seems like Bio for now since I find it the most interesting of the four, and after what you had just said, should I drop math/history to SL, or should having both of them at HL still be manageable?

Edited by strafa

4 hours ago, strafa said:

Thanks for the advice! It seems like Bio for now since I find it the most interesting of the four, and after what you had just said, should I drop math/history to SL, or should having both of them at HL still be manageable?

It could be manageable, but there shouldnt be a single program that requires both at HL. I would recommend dropping Math HL (while maintaining 3HLs), even though I found the course very interesting