IB Subject Help

SIM3ON

Hello everyone, I will be doing International Baccalaureate for the first time next year, and I am having trouble deciding on which subjects will best suit me for my career and which ones to take HL. I am planning to have a future career in engineering/business.

Subjects I have already chosen:
Maths HL
Physics HL
Mandarin ab-initio

The subjects I am currently picking between are:
Economics SL/HL
English SL/HL
Chemistry SL/HL or Business Management SL/HL

I am open to any suggestions about my subjects, and to the ones I have already locked in.

• 2 months later...

This may be late, but maybe you could choose HL Econ as well, and Sl Chemistry and English. HL Econ will help you if you go down the business route and SL Chem is good for engineering. You don't need HL Chem + Math + Physics for engineering, however, a lot of students do take it, even though it's a dreadful combo. I think you'll be fine with whatever you choose tho.

• 2 months later...

Maybe try looking at different university requirements for particular engineering or business courses. Some may require Chem HL. I think you'll be fine without economics as not all ib schools offer this subject choice so unis are ok without it. And unless you want to go into humanities, English SL should be fine.