What are some interesting EE topics I could look into? PLEASE HELP ME

ohkay

So, my class was told that our EE's are due next year in May and our first draft is due in a few weeks. I heard History is a great subject to look into for the EE but our teacher advised us not to focus on it since our class doesn't take that subject anymore ( ☹️ ). Anyway, I plan on finishing my TOK, CAS and EE before the year so I can focus on my studies next year. Unfortunately, I still haven't come up with a satisfactory topic yet for EE. I thought of doing it on the Western influence on Japanese art but I doubt I'd find any articles or information that could potentially build a 4,000 word essay. So I was hoping if anyone could please give me some interesting topics for EE I could perhaps look into, preferably English or History (my supervisor is a major in both these subjects, so it won't matter). Please help me, I'm actually really stressed out and worried about this. 

I had some ideas about an English EE that I probably won't use:

- "How are women portrayed in Shakespeare's works and how does this reflect the time period in which it was written?"

- The portrayal of women in Literature vs the portrayal in Shakespeare's works. (Yet to come up with a question.)

- The portrayal of women in different books aka a comparison. (Yet to come up with a question.)

Hope this helps!