Chemistry HL or SL for Healthsci?

I'm aiming to get into the Health Sciences program at McMaster University or Life Sciences at UofT, but I'm wondering whether I should take HL or SL chemistry. I know that it would be easier to get higher grades in SL, but I've also heard that HL helps a lot in terms of understanding university content. How much of a difference is there between the two? Are marks more important or is knowledge more important? For those who have taken HL - how much does it help in uni? 

For something as competitive as these two programs, you should look to take the most competitive and intensive courses to set yourself apart from others. If you are capable of getting 7 in SL, you can capable of getting 6-7 in HL (with more effort). So it shouldn't make a huge difference mark-wise. There is a significant gap in materials but the study method is more or less the same. People I know in McMaster Health Sci are top students in Chemistry HL. 

• Like 1