Hello,

I'm half way through my first year in the DP and I'm still struggling to find an interesting topic for EE on English. I wanted to take a look at The Great Gatsby, The Yellow Wallpaper or The Lord of the Flies but my sister recommended me not to do so because these texts are studied throughout the years of IB and the markers would expect an exceptional outcome towards the essay; essentially making it a little difficult for me to ace. I'm currently reading about Burmese Days by George Orwell, it talks a lot about gender, race, culture, imperialism and etc. but I'm not too sure if I'll be sticking to this one. 

My only option now is to take a look at other novels that perhaps incorporate politics or feminism (I feel like they'll be easier to deal with???). So, I was hoping if you guys could give me some advice on the EE and some novels I could take a look at :) 

• 2 months later...

Did you find a topic in the end? Seems to me that your sister is right -- go for the works that are less worked ..for example Burmese Days, that sounds good. And as u point out, it offers tons of room for interpretation and I think this is one of those works less visited by most of us. That's my guess, anyway 😋

Edited by voh26