CAS help

bc02

I'm confused about CAS and what does/doesn't count as hours. Here are my ideas so far, could they count if I just did them on my own whenever I wanted? I don't really like being a part of scheduled groups or clubs.

Creativity- drawing, photography

Action- surfing, running

Service- cleaning up trash at beaches, helping out my surf instructor with lessons

For service and action, your ideas are good!! you can use them for your cas hours . Im not so sure of what can be done for creativity but i think that theyre good as well! i taught myself the piano which counted so i think as long as you show how you challenged yourself or developed your skills then it should count! REMEMBER TO TAKE PHOTOS OF EVERYTHING YOU DO AND PROVIDE EVIDENCE!

The ones on creativity are the exact things i did, you will just need to upload your drawings/ pictures as an evidence. Running as an activity is a simple one so i think we can't count that as hours unless you are engaged in athletics and you do running as for competitions etc. The service ones are very good as well!

Generally,  just keep up with reflections and dont forget to put evidences

On 10/11/2018 at 6:50 PM, bc02 said:

I'm confused about CAS and what does/doesn't count as hours. Here are my ideas so far, could they count if I just did them on my own whenever I wanted? I don't really like being a part of scheduled groups or clubs.

Creativity- drawing, photography

Action- surfing, running

Service- cleaning up trash at beaches, helping out my surf instructor with lessons

Hey!! For activity I had set a walking step count goal because I don't play any organized sports and they were totally fine with it! Perhaps you can try something similar, maybe a step count goal of your own or maybe time yourself for like a mile or something and try to improve your time? Otherwise your CAS experiences are GREAT choices. For creativity I am teaching myself how to code and am uploading coding projects that I have been working on. Good luck!
Edited by dms170

• 3 weeks later...

I have another question but I didn't want to start a new thread. How do you log long-term activities on Managebac that are still happening, because I can't predict how many hours I'll have in total or the exact date I'll finish the activity. Can you go back and edit everything?

2 hours ago, bc02 said:

I have another question but I didn't want to start a new thread. How do you log long-term activities on Managebac that are still happening, because I can't predict how many hours I'll have in total or the exact date I'll finish the activity. Can you go back and edit everything?

When you input another CAS experience into managebac there will be a check box marked with "ongoing". It's the checked box in the screenshot below.998910245_ScreenShot2018-11-01at12_01_36PM.thumb.png.3ee82e1f3a7c2dcf0139e2c4d98c384c.png Choose your preferred starting and ending date, and that will count as a long term CAS experience. Note that you can also apply this for your CAS project.

Cocerning your worry about editing CAS experiences, go to the CAS experience you want to edit, and on the side bar on the right there should be these options.

1492907255_ScreenShot2018-11-01at12_03_42PM.thumb.png.31384a00207dc151e069bc17dd9203f0.png

Click the "edit experience" button and you should be able to change it as you please.

• Like 1