Help for my personal project

tomato123

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to know if anyone could help me with my personal project. I started the project choosing to focus on gender equality and the price gap between female and male products. My plan was to investigate the reasons why these differences exist and then create a business plan for a "fake" company which would sell products of equal price for female and male. I chose to this mostly because I've always been interested in creating a business. However, my supervisor is now telling me that my project doesn't work as I don't have a real product. He wants me to write a math investigation based on statistics or a poster campaign, two things that I have absolutely no interest in. I am lost and I don't know what to do! Should I simply start over because my project actually doesn't work or should I keep doing it even if my supervisor does not agree? 

Thank you for your help !!

Hi, I'm not familiar with the MYP program or its rules, but I'm going to try to answer your question because I don't think too many people are familiar with it here. 

This may seen annoyingly practical, but a major factor whether your supervisor is grading you or not. However, I'm actually inclined to believe with your supervisor here. He/she probably has your best interests at heart. If you are not interested in doing what he/she suggested, but your current project is not viable, then tell your supervisor. Communication is key. Be completely honest. If you don't like something, say it. If you disagree with something, voice your opinion. You can be honest and nice at the same time and that is pretty much always the best strategy. He/she may help to brainstorm a new idea that you like if that is the case, and can clarify why the current iteration wouldn't work.

• Like 1

Hi, I did personal project last year, and got a 7. 

That project seems really easy. You could do the research and create your plan in a week or less. If you want high marks you've got to do something more involved. Also, you get marked on your process mainly like how you overcame challenges and showed different learner profile attributes and approaches to learning. The product is important though and just making a business plan sucks. Why not actually create a business, if you are interested in that. Go on eBay and buy loads of typically men and woman products, then try to resell them. You could even rebrand the packaging to swap gender roles and do a study into how that affects the revenue.