New to IB!

Jes_2010

Thank you!

And I'm just wondering what to expect. Mainly IB is becoming a joke in my school, and its only the first year. Is it normal to pretty much hate the rest of the class? And what do the tests look like?
And if theres any good advice that would be great!

Edited by Jes_2010

I think whether your class hates each other or not depends on the people and how often you see each other.

In my class, we all hated each other. We would be together from 8-4 every single day. It got to the point that by 8:30 am some sort of mockery or verbal abuse would happen. And the teachers would just let it slide because they had become immune to it.

But that's just my class >.<

Haha well thats nice to know, were together all day every other day.
And then for two out of four blocks every other day.
But were jsut rediculous, and the students just go out of their way to be horrid to each other.
And on top of everything no one does their work.
Its humiliating for the people who actually try.

Actually my class didn't hate each other..we formed our "IB family" which consisted of around 30 of us (our graduating class was 44 candidates).
Yeah we got on each other's nerves sometimes but we had IB study dates and went to the library outside of school together on weekends, IB celebratory parties after EE/IAs/exams etc.

[quote name='Jes_2010' post='33162' date='Jan 10 2009, 10:37 PM']And I'm just wondering what to expect. Mainly IB is becoming a joke in my school, and its only the first year. Is it normal to pretty much hate the rest of the class? And what do the tests look like?
And if theres any good advice that would be great![/quote]

I think one think that makes you hate the class is because the hectic life that you have to go through with IB. As time goes by, you will get use to it. Like me, my final will be in this coming May. Now, I am very busy with many datelines to meet. EE,IA,World Lit, TOK... It's all due this month. Luckily I've done with it. Just a few touch up needed. I'm not that good in study. But I believe in strong will and hard work.

My advice to you is, always be prepared and consistent in whatever that you do. Do not take things for granted and do not ever give up. :P
May be a couple of common advice. Well, that's all for now. Got some oral works to settle.

Good luck with IB.