TOK ESSAY TITLES 2019!!!!!!

Ninja3089

Regarding title 2 I think that the statement is right in some way but it can also be contradicted. It’s true that everyone contributes to the production of knowledge because for example in science everyone constantly questions everything and people discuss different matters. On the other hand, everyone constructs his or her own knowledge according to their perosonal beliefs and opinions. You could use many areas to support this point such as natural science, history or even human sciences. More importantly you have to talk about individual knowledge and shared knowledge. I hope that this helps you in some way. :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I am doing Title 2, and I've been thinking about how historical knowledge can be produced by an individual, and I came up with how inconsistencies between historical evidence and perspectives can result in the creation of a new perspective, thus production of knowledge.

However, I can't seem to find any valid examples in research? Do you guys have any possible examples on this which I could use in my ToK Essay?

@cobi483 In history class I learned that there are always two sides of the same story in wars. Of course there is a lot of evidence regarding the events of the disaster as well as testimonies of people involved. Our teacher encouraged us all the time to create our own opinion about the events and what we thought was best or worst. So when we did this we kind of created our own perspective. 

Also, If you search for history HL paper 1 you will find many texts about different historical events with different perspectives. I recommend you to use those. 

I don’t know if this helps in any way, but good luck.