I have always been interested in fine arts and in my sophomore year I took AP art at my high school, but during junior year I decided to not go on to IB art but instead take a year off. Art itself is a very big time commitment and one of my biggest issues is that I have trouble working on my pieces in class because I am very self conscious of my work and I don't want others to judge it before it is finished, unfortunately what this means for me is that I choose to work on it only at home which limits about half the time I should be working on my pieces. I really enjoy art but I worry that I am not good enough. In my AP art class we had to choose an area of concentration and create a series of about 12 pieces that fit into that concentration theme, I found this really challenging because I am good at following directions that the teacher is teaching but I struggle coming up with my own ideas, having that much freedom. My parents both want me to do what I love and find a career in art, and I am hoping to take art classes in college but I am not sure if I should take the IB art class my senior year. I fear that taking not only one, but two years off of art might make me forget or lose ability, which I don't think would be a good setup for college. Do you think I should take IB art my senior year?