spanish b ee: pensamientos sobre mis ideas por favor

prerna

hi,

I've decided to do my EE in Spanish and have some ideas for what it could be about. Any thoughts on the following topics (which would be the best/worst, which is too specific/broad, which doesn't match IB requirements, etc)

Here are my current ideas.

1. How does Spanglish demonstrate the creation/balance of hybrid cultures in the US? (¿Como demuestra "spanglish" la creacion/equilibrio de culturas híbridas en Estados Unidos?)
  2. How has the increasing popularity of reggaeton impacted language use for youth in the US? (¿Como el crecimiento de popularidad del reggaetón ha impactado el uso de lenguaje en jovenes en Estados unidos?)
  3. To what extent is Catalonia’s desire to be an independent country justified? (¿En que medida el deseo de Cataluña de ser un país independiente esta justificado?) - I know this one is a little far away from the prescribed categories for group 2 EE's, but it is something I am really interested in.
  4. To what extent does Catalonia’s desire to be an independent country affect the use of Castilian Spanish in the region? (¿En que medida el deseo de Cataluña de ser un país independiente afecta el uso del Español Castellano en la región?)
  5. To what extent does the use of “español” to refer to Castilian Spanish divide spain? (¿En que medida el uso de “español” para referir al español castellano divide España?)
  6. In what ways do “lenguas propias” in autonomous regions divide spain? (¿En que maneras las lenguas propias en regiones autónomas divide España?)
  7. Comparison of Basque region to Catalonia in terms of desire to secede from Spain (as how they differ in terms of being allowed to use their languages, % of people who want to secede, attempts to secede, etc)

All thoughts and advice are appreciated!

22 hours ago, prerna said:

hi,

I've decided to do my EE in Spanish and have some ideas for what it could be about. Any thoughts on the following topics (which would be the best/worst, which is too specific/broad, which doesn't match IB requirements, etc)

Here are my current ideas.

1. How does Spanglish demonstrate the creation/balance of hybrid cultures in the US? (¿Como demuestra el "spanglish" la creación/equilibrio de culturas híbridas en Estados Unidos?)
  2. How has the increasing popularity of reggaeton impacted language use for youth in the US? (¿Cómo ha afectado el crecimiento de la popularidad del reggaetón el uso del lenguaje en los jóvenes en Estados Unidos?)
  3. To what extent is Catalonia’s desire to be an independent country justified? (¿En qué medida está justificado el deseo de Cataluña de ser un país independiente?) - I know this one is a little far away from the prescribed categories for group 2 EE's, but it is something I am really interested in.
  4. To what extent does Catalonia’s desire to be an independent country affect the use of Castilian Spanish in the region? (¿En qué medida afecta el deseo de Cataluña de ser un país independiente el uso de la lengua española/castellana en la región?)
  5. To what extent does the use of “español” to refer to Castilian Spanish divide spain? (¿En qué medida divide España el uso de la palabra “español” para referirse a la lengua española/castellana?)
  6. In what ways do “lenguas propias” in autonomous regions divide Spain? (¿De que manera dividen España las lenguas propias en regiones autónomas?)
  7. Comparison of Basque region to Catalonia in terms of desire to secede from Spain (as how they differ in terms of being allowed to use their languages, % of people who want to secede, attempts to secede, etc)

All thoughts and advice are appreciated!

I hope you don't mind my making some tiny corrections to the wording of the questions in Spanish. I don't really have any advice since as I told you, I didn't do it, but good luck. ;)