Physics Help

Hey guys. I need help with my homework. I dont understand what mew is or how to solve this problems. 

Its about free body diagrams. 

Question 1: 

THE INCLINED PLANE

MASS OF 50kg MAKES AN ANGLE OF 30 DEGREES WITH THE HORIZONTAL.

IF mu (µ) =0.2

FIND THE ACCELERATION

The other 4 questions are on the last slide FYI. I need urgent help. My physics teacher is really bad and in fact, he is our third physics teacher in 1 term (4 weeks)!

Y12-FBD HOMEWORK 2.pptx

hello! 

dont know if you still need this but, 

- first of all you need to find the resultant force acting on the mass. this means force due to the inclined place minus the force of friction. 

- force due to inclined plane can be calculated by mgsin30 = 245N

- force of friction can be calculated by F=µN (µ is the coefficient of dynamic/static friction) = 98N

- resultant force = 147N

now we can use F=ma to find acceleration:

acceleration = resultant force/mass = 147/50 = 2.94ms^-2

Edited by ginnie

Thank you. A bit unrelated. But I have a stammer and I screwed up my FOA and got a grade 5-. Not to brag or anything but I am a grade 7 student but my stammer frustrates me as it makes me come across as overly shy and lacking confidence when really it is my stammer. And since these FOA/ICOs count for so much of our grades, does that mean I won't get a grade 7 just because of my stutter? 

@ginnieI disagree with your value of normal force. Consider the angle. Normal force is perpendicular to the surface.

@Enterbot3 I recommend watching some physics videos on youtube. The KhanAcademy ones aren't of very high quality but they did some remakes and they were helpful when I was learning physics. 

I stutter too, especially in certain st, sp, str, and other sibilant sounds. It helps to prepare in front of a mirror or an audience so you won't be as nervous. If you are allowed to make notes, make them legible. Talk slower and don't worry if you do stutter.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:42 AM, kw0573 said:

@ginnieI disagree with your value of normal force. Consider the angle. Normal force is perpendicular to the surface.

@Enterbot3 I recommend watching some physics videos on youtube. The KhanAcademy ones aren't of very high quality but they did some remakes and they were helpful when I was learning physics. 

I stutter too, especially in certain st, sp, str, and other sibilant sounds. It helps to prepare in front of a mirror or an audience so you won't be as nervous. If you are allowed to make notes, make them legible. Talk slower and don't worry if you do stutter.

Youtube videos can be a massive help but if you prefer something less visual and wordier, I recommend checking this site

It helped me a lot with my Physics exam two years ago, managed to score a 6 in SL. 

Hope it helps and good luck x