Pre-IB in Canada

Cocoisawesome

Actually, Canada is good for doing Pre-IB. It depends on what school you're going to join. In Canada schools which are good for doing Pre-IB are:

1. the Vanier College in Quebec
  2. Heritage Regional High school in Quebec

If you're living somewhere else you can ask me what schools are good in your area. 

On 10/30/2018 at 6:31 AM, Cocoisawesome said:

Are IB high schools in Canada any good? I am a freshmen going to go to Pre-IB known as the Advanced Level Program, and I am wondering if it’s worth it.

It depends on what you want to do and what your priorities are. You're still a bit a ways from actually doing that, so those could change. People change a lot; especially people our age. If you like doing well in school and pushing yourself, then it's probably a good fit. Every school is a little different but I can't imagine you're already committed to IB in Pre-IB. In the school I went to, the vast majority of kids who do Pre-IB don't do IB. And that's okay. I typically advised people who were on the fence to do Pre-IB because essentially you're just trying it out. It's a good experience to kind of get a taste so you can better decide.

In terms of being "worth it", I always tell people the best thing about IB was the friends I made and having exceptional teachers. And CAS. CAS was wonderful. But you can do wonderful things outside of IB too.

• Like 1

I’m currently in a IB program at Bayview Secondary School, one of the highest ranking schools in Ontario and I would say, Ib is probably the best advancement program in Canada. AP is an easier alternative. It is said that Ib is good for universites in the US and British, however, I have not tested out that theory. It really is up to you if you decided to partake in the IB program as it is harder than the usual academic program.

• 3 months later...