WILL I BE ANNULLED BECAUSE OF THIS?! HELP

Letezlu

OKAY HERE'S THE DEAL;

So, I have an older sibling who took the IB diploma, and did all the internals, etc. I was not truly planning on taking *any* of the ib's and as my school requires you to do the internals nevertheless, I took one of my sister's IAs aaaaaaand basically copied 80%. In some scenarios, I even copied her sources (gasp)!

Now, I'm CONSIDERING doing the DIPLOMA and so, having finished this copied internal and not having enough time to replace it my question is...

If I submit this internal, will they annul my diploma? It should be noted that my sister gave her whole diploma, including this subject, in Spanish and I'm doing this in English, hence I translated all the work...

Please, my fellow IB Slaves, help me out! 

A confirmed case of plagiarism is an automatic disqualification from obtaining the IB diploma. I understand that in a predominantly Spanish-speaking country it is difficult to study in English, let alone IB. I think the best bet is to write a more original IA, ie with at least 40% original content and the rest all perfectly cited. Even if you get something like 30% as a grade it's just one assignment and it's still much better than not getting the diploma. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kw0573 said:

A confirmed case of plagiarism is an automatic disqualification from obtaining the IB diploma. I understand that in a predominantly Spanish-speaking country it is difficult to study in English, let alone IB. I think the best bet is to write a more original IA, ie with at least 40% original content and the rest all perfectly cited. Even if you get something like 30% as a grade it's just one assignment and it's still much better than not getting the diploma. 

Would they really notice though? I mean, I translated everything and have attempted to make it differ from her original IA. In fact, I conducted the experiment myself and changed a few variables...

Is there a way to check this??

Edited by Letezlu

On 11/3/2018 at 1:03 AM, kw0573 said:

You have to understand, i cannot say anything that "condones" any act of plagiarism. If you have at least a day left, just add more original content on same topic. About 40-50% original content and all in your own words should be enough.

Thank you for your help.

I've decided I won't be taking the IB's.