[HELP] Syllabus [HELP]

TITAN017

Hi everyone

I'm new here and in the IB programme itself, never heard about it before starting it. I have learned a lot about the IB DP from various sources (this website being one of them), but there's still one thing I don't understand - The IB DP subject syllabus. I don't know where to find it? How does it work, is there one fixed syllabus or does it change? How do I know which one is the most recent one? I would really appreciate anyone's help on this matter, since it's the only thing I wasn't able to fully understand...

Thank you in advance! 

If it does any help: 

I'm a year 1 student and my subjects are: 

English lit. A (SL)

Spanish as a foreign language (SL)

Business management (SL)

Maths (HL)

Biology (HL)

Chemistry (HL)

We have them in the Files section under IB documents and syllabus. They are also easily found on the internet if you search [subject]+"ib guide". They are updated every 6-8 years, characterized by the first examinations (abbreviated as FE) in which they are tested. So if you enter IB this fall, you would be a May 2020 student.

Literature: FE 2013. Language B: FE 2015 (also known as 2013 with an revision in September 2013). Business, Biology, Chemistry: FE 2016. Math HL: 2014 with revision in 2016 that led to questions with few points effective may 2017. Most of these will have new syllabus for FE in 2021-2022. Most subjects have the same guide for SL and HL, with Math being the only exception. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

We have them in the Files section under IB documents and syllabus. They are also easily found on the internet if you search [subject]+"ib guide". They are updated every 6-8 years, characterized by the first examinations (abbreviated as FE) in which they are tested. So if you enter IB this fall, you would be a May 2020 student.

Literature: FE 2013. Language B: FE 2015 (also known as 2013 with an revision in September 2013). Business, Biology, Chemistry: FE 2016. Math HL: 2014 with revision in 2016 that led to questions with few points effective may 2017. Most of these will have new syllabus for FE in 2021-2022. Most subjects have the same guide for SL and HL, with Math being the only exception. 

Thanks a lot kw0573! That was really helpful!