IA Introduction - URGENT!

nyw

so im really pushing it with my maths ia (the deadline is in less then a week) because i had a different teacher last year that said my idea was fine but i got a new one for ib2 and he just wrecked it completely so i struggled with coming up with a new idea for 2 months basically

now i'm doing tidal height predictions by finding a sine curve that fits the data for 1 or 2 days and for a further exploration at the end maybe look at the whole month and relate it to the lunar cycle? the thing is i was basically given the idea by my 2nd maths teacher and i have little personal engagement in this topic so im not quite sure how to approach the introduction 

i find the topic interesting because its relation to the lunar cycle but thats not the main part of my ia and it rly isnt that deep of an interest? like i dont swim in the ocean or anything bc our beaches kinda suck lol 

any ideas?? i have the math mostly down but im worried abt the rest of it as well as the presentation in general? should i put my massive table of data in an appendix or leave it taking up like a whole page ugh

Personal engagement is not about saying it interests you; it is instead a measure of how you went above and beyond, which implies your enthusiasm. Now you dont have to invent any new math, but you should do something that most people would not think of when doing this topic. Hence personal engagement is not only assessed in the introduction, but rather throughout the IA to assess the effort to which how you made the IA different.

For the tabulated results, you should summarize in your main text then have the full data in the appendix.

thank u so much!! i was getting bogged down by how to start it lol 

do i need to show a real-world significance like in a chem ia? e.g. investigating ripening of fruit because i eat fruit and it actually impacts me 

im so sorry to keep posting to this i rly do not have good math ia support at my school and im new to this website so im not sure if im supposed to start a new thread for every problem i encounter!!

if i have a crap ton of data (taking 72 rows on a table) that i found from a source and i use to make into a graph, should i put it in the appendix? and i'm unsure about how i should reference it. i've referenced it in the paragraph explaining what i'm doing and how im using the data but do i need to also reference my source with the table in my appendix if i put it there? 

Yeah you should reference it again, in the appendix.

As for IBS guidelines: you should ask follow up questions under your own thread, not start a new thread each time. For all users, the thread is rebumped once someone replies to it, so you dont have to start new threads to be at the top of the discussions. But if you have a question that's not related to one of your previous questions, then you should start a new thread.