How many words do the CAS reflections need to have?

kayyy

My CAS coordinator informed us that we need to write 500 words per reflection but I took an insight to some reflections suggested by the IB and they only had a few sentences. So my question is, do I really need to have 500 words? Also, does CAS require efficient planning and acting upon that plan (such as holding a formal dinner for the school) or can it be something I learn in a day?

To be honest, most schools don't require 500 words per reflection. But if your CAS coordinator tells you that you should, then do it. Your CAS coordinator is the one approving your CAS activities and so it's their word that counts. That said, you could still ask them about the length of the required reflection compared to the examples IB provides. 

When it comes to CAS activities, you should always show initiative, but the activity itself doesn't have to be anything huge. If you decide to plan a dinner, that's great! But smaller things like simply going running every day could still count as CAS. Even just playing soccer or making an art piece for 2 or 3 hours count. Do check again with your CAS coordinator though, because different schools might accept different things as CAS activities (it's up to the supervisor's discretion). 

Edited by Sheepsie
Weird sentence structure in one part lol
  • Like 1