IB Entrance Exam Help!

S-V

My Victoria Park CI pre-ib math entrance exam is in a couple of days. I'm curious if the math exam is similar to a Gauss test or not. If anyone has experience, how difficult are the questions on the Victoria Park entrance exam? Are they like the part c questions, part b, or part a on the Grade 8 Gauss? Or, are they much easier or much more difficult? Also, what tips would you give for any last minute preparing (look over Gauss, etc.)? Please reply! 

Thank you so so much for the fast reply!!!!!

I'm done my essay and everything, and I only have to study for the math test now. Other than Gauss, do you think something else would be helpful (e.g. reviewing grade 7 curriculum)? I already did a bunch of the Gauss before, and I want to find something new to help me prepare. 

My main goal now is to be considered for the interview, which is why I'm so focused on the math test, as it is all I can really do for now. 

Once again, thank you so so much :D

35 minutes ago, S-V said:

Thank you so so much for the fast reply!!!!!

I'm done my essay and everything, and I only have to study for the math test now. Other than Gauss, do you think something else would be helpful (e.g. reviewing grade 7 curriculum)? I already did a bunch of the Gauss before, and I want to find something new to help me prepare. 

My main goal now is to be considered for the interview, which is why I'm so focused on the math test, as it is all I can really do for now. 

Once again, thank you so so much :D

Reviewing curriculum isn’t the most effective in my opinion since they’re all contest questions. I think the next practice would be doing past gauss questions. However, from my Past knowledge, I’m sure they consider the essay and report card more because I have friends who did not thenbest on the math test, but was still accepted

So my exam is tomorrow and I am pretty nervous.

To clarify, what did you mean by "outlay" part b (previous replies). I'm sorry, I didn't get that. Do you mean the Victoria Park exam is mostly like the 7/8 Gauss part b questions?

One more thing, how advanced do you think your level of math should be for a test like this, do your math skills and level of thinking have to be beyond grade 8? Or did you find the exam was just grade 7 review? 

I know I am asking a million questions, I just feel super nervous for this. Again, thank you so much for the previous replies, they were super helpful. 

3 hours ago, S-V said:

So my exam is tomorrow and I am pretty nervous.

To clarify, what did you mean by "outlay" part b (previous replies). I'm sorry, I didn't get that. Do you mean the Victoria Park exam is mostly like the 7/8 Gauss part b questions?

One more thing, how advanced do you think your level of math should be for a test like this, do your math skills and level of thinking have to be beyond grade 8? Or did you find the exam was just grade 7 review? 

I know I am asking a million questions, I just feel super nervous for this. Again, thank you so much for the previous replies, they were super helpful. 

Yes sorry, I meant mostly there, typo. I don’t think your math has to be beyond grade 8 at most. Of course, it will have some grade 8 content as it is suppose to be challenging, but most of the concept should be covered already in grade 7. Don’t feel nervous and don’t sorry too much about the test, stressing won’t help much haha..check over everything, gather your supplies and material (DONT FORGET YOUR REPORT CARD!!) and good luck tomorrow! 

P.S wear a watch to keep track of time :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is late but.. I got an interview :) 

And my interview is coming up. I found your advice for the exam super helpful for me, so do you have any quick advice for the interview? Something I should just be aware of or something to prepare? 

Thank you very very much!!!! 

• Good Luck 1

Congrats!!

I think the lady you interview with is Ms.Baque, but I could be wrong. As you may have heard, the interview is mostly in french. Suggestion would be to see if she welcomes the idea of shaking hands. During the interview, she’ll ask very simple questions like what do you like to do in your free time, or what you will do/did during winter break. Try to talk in a relaxed manner and just look like you’re having fun, don’t be too nervous, she’s really nice! If you talk and don’t know a word, don’t be afraid to ask how to say a word, use “comment dit-on _(the word in English)__ en francais”. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys 

My Victoria Park IB interview is the day right after school starts, so I was wondering if the IB coordinator was holding your essay or report cards during the interview? Also, approximately how many questions do they ask?

Edited by Malario