What if I'm failing badly?

aryannangia

I am currently in my first semester of grade 11's and am getting 3's rather than straight 7's in all my subjects.

Is it alright if I'm failing most of my subjects for my first semester? I have taken the subjects HL Maths, HL Physics, HL Comp Sci, SL Bus & Man, SL Eng Lang Lit, and SL Spanish B. Will I ever improve or am I also going to fail my IB exams in May of 2020?

As an 11th grader in IB too, it is understandable. With more practice and getting used to the new way of how IB works, you should improve and gain your way up to what you want. Me personally, sort of failed math last quarter and I really do feel horrible about it. Our teacher is not the best as he changed his way of teaching and so that threw me off. Also, even the smartest students will struggle so never give up, everyone learns things differently and at different paces. Believe in yourself and do all the necessary means to improve, like asking teachers for extra help or tutoring outside of school. No one expects a first year student to get straight 7s on everything; you will gain it with practice. You will be taught numerous ways to improve and in class you should pay attention to all details in the class and anythign pertaining to the IB exams. Next thing you know, 2 years later, you will be getting the IB diploma. Wish you luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lily5883 said:

As an 11th grader in IB too, it is understandable. With more practice and getting used to the new way of how IB works, you should improve and gain your way up to what you want. Me personally, sort of failed math last quarter and I really do feel horrible about it. Our teacher is not the best as he changed his way of teaching and so that threw me off. Also, even the smartest students will struggle so never give up, everyone learns things differently and at different paces. Believe in yourself and do all the necessary means to improve, like asking teachers for extra help or tutoring outside of school. No one expects a first year student to get straight 7s on everything; you will gain it with practice. You will be taught numerous ways to improve and in class you should pay attention to all details in the class and anythign pertaining to the IB exams. Next thing you know, 2 years later, you will be getting the IB diploma. Wish you luck!

No one expects anyone to get straight sevens. IB is a program where you learn that you will not be the best at everything and that's okay. Just do your best.

• Like 1