Can I change my IB subjects 10 weeks into the first year?

emileeboettg18

I have been wanting to change my Courses for a while now. My school said after 2 weeks, you cannot change your topics. We are now 10 weeks into IB1 and I want to switch ESS for Psychology SL which they offer on an online website called Pamoja, My dad emailed my IB coordinator, who is a bit of a pessimist, and she said it would be to difficult to catch up and that the official IB handbook says you can not switch which I know is not true. However I looked at everything they have done so far because my friend takes Psychology, and I think I will be able to catch up with a bit of hard work. I currently take

Business Management HL (on Pamoja)

Visual Arts HL

English HL

ESS

Japanese ab Intio

Math studies

Would it be possible? I tried finding some sort of proof that I could show my IB coordinator to let me change but I couldnt find anything. 

Thank you!!!!

10 weeks worth of content will be no doubt difficult to catch up on. However, if you are truly adamant on switching to Psychology SL, continue your efforts because if you do not enjoy the classes which you are in, your IB experience will be less than enjoyable.

Sorry if I'm wrong, but it seems like you're using ESS as your group 4 subject? Since you have Business Management for group 3, would it actually be possible to switch into Psychology as it's also another group 3 subject rather than a group 4?

I'm also about 10 weeks into year one, and one of my friends wanted to swap her subjects. She had a similar experience to you in that our IB coordinator also discouraged changing courses so late, and as of now, she hasn't changed of her courses. Maybe it's just best to see what your IB coordinator replies to your dad with, and go on from there? Anyways, good luck!

• 4 weeks later...