I don't know if our math sl teacher is grading our IAs correctly.

hatecravers

Hey so I am dealing with some major confusion right now. My teacher is trying to say that if our math ia topic isn't "advanced" enough then we will get poor marks on the math section. Is that the way it is supposed to be? I wanted to do my exploration over the golden ratio and Marquardt beauty analysis and she said that I would do poorly because the math is too easy. I guess I'm just trying to understand. Help!!

On 11/27/2018 at 11:14 PM, kw0573 said:

About 30% of the IA grade depends on the level (difficulty) of math you present. All your math should be at SL or beyond to score a good mark in the criterion. Golden ratio is perhaps at middle school level.

What could I do to make the math more advanced then? how could I evaluate the golden ratio in a way that would make the math more advanced

On 11/29/2018 at 9:51 PM, hatecravers said:

What could I do to make the math more advanced then? how could I evaluate the golden ratio in a way that would make the math more advanced

I think you should be open to come up with new topics. Feel free to search through the forum for topic ideas.