First year help

DrawerSkull

i am in my end of second year, and i am still regretting that i have taken IB its better to take AP or any other board 

but if you are still are willing to do IB then start your IA and EE ASAP. 

and as its your first year try to do most of your CAS  in this first year.   

Time management is key! It's probably one of the most important, if not the most important thing to keep in mind to be successful. If you can, try to start your assignments as early as possible so deadlines don't pile up. For example, many people in my English Literature class definitely struggle with time management, and many of us stayed up (with a few not sleeping at all) trying to annotate a book last-minute, as it was due the next morning.

The more you procrastinate, the less sleep you'll end up getting, and I really do think that pulling an all-nighter would be less than ideal (especially when it can be prevented by starting homework early). You should try to stay on top of things so you end up getting sufficient sleep each night, because it'll be even more difficult to stay focused in-class without sleep.

Also, use your agenda! To be honest, I've never used an agenda to keep track of things until I got into IB, just because I know that I wouldn't be able to remember the specific dates of each and every little assignment when there are so many of them. Use it to your advantage to keep organized-- it'll be easier to see which deadlines are coming up to prioritize, and approximate how much time it'll take so you have a better idea when planning your time.

Keep in mind that IB is a two year program, and that it's understandable if your marks aren't as high as you'd hoped--it takes time to adjust to the nature of the program, after all! You have plenty of time to learn and improve. :)

Hopefully IB won't stress you out too much, and I wish you all the best!

Edited by Solstice