Math HL IA

1Max1

I started my IA on the topic of Graph Theory. I tried to find the shortest distance path to go around 10 cities in Europe using the Prim's and Dijkstra's Algorithm. I have submitted my IA, and my math teacher told me that it is too easy for Math HL. Is there any suggestion that I can do to increase the complexity of my IA?

Thanks!

On 12/6/2018 at 10:10 PM, kw0573 said:

It's not that it's too easy, rather the IA specifically asksfor connections between topics. I am not familiar with group theory but can you add in vectors or permutations?

My teacher told me that the IA was like math studies level. I am not sure if he is against the decision theory or the prim's algorithm. What do you mean by connections between topics??

Have you looked at previous HL exam papers? A lot of the questions will combine say complex numbers and trig and pascal triangle. I meant that but in an IA format.  Prim's and Dijkstra's Algorithms are way more complex than studies. I guess it's just difficult to bring in HL content to many graph theory topics.