Chem IA help pleaseee

rams

I think I have an idea of what I want to do but I reckon it is too simple, can I please have some advice- 

I am thinking of changing the concentration of a ligand (not too sure which one) and measure the absorption, or maybe do this with one or two other ligands. Then I will sketch a graph and use the Beer-Lambert law to determine the value of eb.

Please let me know if it is bad or not, I am kind of struggling. 

I actually think this is a great idea. You can definitely get a score of around 16-18 as long as it goes well. Many of my classmates were also using the spectrometer in the process. A higher score will be achieved if you can try coming up with a creative procedure that can be the most accurate.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Collin said:

I actually think this is a great idea. You can definitely get a score of around 16-18 as long as it goes well. Many of my classmates were also using the spectrometer in the process. A higher score will be achieved if you can try coming up with a creative procedure that can be the most accurate.

Could you please give an example of what you mean by a creative procedure? Thanks tho man! 

For example, in my IA in order to get rid of the water in the sample, I used 4 centrifuge tubes to do centrifugation and later used an oven set at 75 degrees to dry it. It is creative because normally you'll only dry it naturally.  But the reagent that I used will decompose when exposed in light or heated at more than 100 degrees ( after my research). So this is a creative methodology. It's just sth that you create to solve the small problems faced in your experiments to make them more accurate.