IB subject recommendations for an aspiring theoretical physicist

joey2343

Hi all!

I am new to this forum so I hope I am posting on the right subforum. I am an aspiring theoretical physicist and am having a dilemma over my subject choices. So far I have: Math HL and Physics HL guaranteed; English Lang & Lit SL and Spanish B SL. I need some help over choosing my final subjects, as I am leaning more towards taking Econ Hl and Chem sl as I am not really sure if I would be committed to Chem HL as it is indeed a very tough HL. I love the sciences though compared to the humanities so there's that. I was wondering if taking econ would be better than business management (I find the theory in economics more interesting to me but I've never really studied it) but what ultimately matters is what will serve me best in uni, and what would interest me too obviously (which is why I'm not taking History HL lmao). Any recommendations for me? I must admit I am quite turned down by the idea of taking phys chem and math hl, the so-called "holy trinity" at my school, and how the number of topics to be studied in chem hl is far more than that of hl. 

Aspire to end with 40+ points (with ee, cas & tok) so I'm aiming up there too. Thanks!