Mistake in References

Tasostasouliss

Hey!

I used APA format for my EE, but I realised I made a small mistake. When you use APA format, you need to provide the year of publication. But for one source (out of the about 15 I used) I accidentally put in a wrong date. It said that the article was last modified in 2018, so I put 2018 as a date. But I found out that this is not supposed to be the date of publication, and therefore I should have put (n.d.). What's the severest consequence that may follow after this? Should I worry?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

Its not going to affect your grade, but you should look to use more reputable sources in your future academic career, by always using more reputable sources which always should have publication dates (eg books, original DVD for videos, journals).

Okay so just to be clear, there won't be any severe consequence that I accidentally put in the wrong date? By wrong meaning that I put (2018) instead of (n.d.), as aforementioned