constructing my history IA question

carloma

Hello!

I've decided to concentrate on the antimafia movement's history in Italy for my history HL IA, especially on the grassroots levels and general population's opinion, and how they influenced larger movements on a national level such as Libera. I really don't know how to turn this into a question for an analytical study. Can you help me? Also, do you think the topic is too broad?

Thank you :)

I'd say that you should have a period of time. Deciding what your thesis is going to be is the hardest part of any historical investigation and is difficult because you have to do it early on before you've done most of your research (you could of course do all your research an then do the thesis but personally that seems tough and not what I did). I'd recommend doing a bit of research ant then trying to come up with a thesis that is not obvious but that should also no be impossible to support. How did the Mafia's presence change over time? Why? That sort of thing.