ENTRANCE EXAMS STUDYING

imbroke

I'm in grade 8 and i'm having my IB entrance exam in a month, and i want to study to make sure I get in. I have seen all of the sample questions and i can do them after thinking for a while. (math and english) From what i heard, There are 4 sections to the test- the math, the reading, the writing, and the problem solving/group work. I think I have the group work and the reading down, but im worried about the math. (I usually get good marks on my math tests, and i consider it to be one of my better subjects. I also do extra math homework assigned by the teacher for me and a couple of other kids) I just want to know what to prepare for. I go to eagle mountain middle school, and maybe going into Port Moody Secondary School.

There is no official entrance exam for the IB worldwide - for instance I never had to sit any exam to do the IB.

This entrance exam will therefore be a local exam dreamt up by the school you are applying to. It's great that you're motivated to work hard for it, but the people on this website won't be able to help you unless by some amazing coincidence somebody here has also applied to the same secondary school as you once upon a time. You're best off asking your own teachers at school and maybe seeing if you can ask some of the kids who successfully passed the exam and are now doing the IB ahead of you if they have any advice.

• Like 1

thanks for the fast reply. Another question. Will the secondary school base the entrance test on the stuff we did in our middle school, but just make it a more challenging version of it, or will they make it on stuff that wasn't even taught in the middle school?

Edited by imbroke

4 hours ago, imbroke said:

thanks for the fast reply. Another question. Will the secondary school base the entrance test on the stuff we did in our middle school, but just make it a more challenging version of it, or will they make it on stuff that wasn't even taught in the middle school?

We can't give you a better answer than what you already know because individual schools administer these tests however they want; if they ask for your grades yes; if they don't no. Good luck. 🙂