Tips for Pre-IBDB CAT4 Test

Person101

Hello, I am an eighth-grader who is currently on the application process for the Pre-IBDP. I handed in all the documents required and my CAT4 test will be on January 16, 2019. I am a bit nervous that I might end up on the wait list or worse, not making it at all. Can you give me some advice? I know that you can't really prepare for it, but can you give me some advice that may help me succeed? Please and thank you.

• Person101 changed the title to Tips for Pre-IBDB CAT4 Test

Welcome to IB Survival.

I'll give you advice that I definitely would need to hear, because well–I don't know you. Don't worry if a question seems hard, time consuming. Skip it and answer all the ones you know quickly first. Then retread and cover those pesky fun ones. I tried to find some stuff online and it seems like it is a bit tough to study for, but if you can find resources take advantage of them and practice. I did find some simple free videos on Youtube which might just be good to give you an idea of what the test looks like.

Second, this test isn't the be-all and end-all. If you do well on the test and get in, great. If not, don't worry.

Third, being a bit nervous is great. It's normal. A bit of nervousness always keeps you sharp. Managing nerves isn't about not feeling nervous, it's about feeling it and realizing that "Hey I'm excited to take this test". It's fine, once you're actually taking the exam, you'll be focused on the questions and that will all melt away.

22 hours ago, Nomenclature said:

Welcome to IB Survival.

I'll give you advice that I definitely would need to hear, because well–I don't know you. Don't worry if a question seems hard, time consuming. Skip it and answer all the ones you know quickly first. Then retread and cover those pesky fun ones. I tried to find some stuff online and it seems like it is a bit tough to study for, but if you can find resources take advantage of them and practice. I did find some simple free videos on Youtube which might just be good to give you an idea of what the test looks like.

Second, this test isn't the be-all and end-all. If you do well on the test and get in, great. If not, don't worry.

Third, being a bit nervous is great. It's normal. A bit of nervousness always keeps you sharp. Managing nerves isn't about not feeling nervous, it's about feeling it and realizing that "Hey I'm excited to take this test". It's fine, once you're actually taking the exam, you'll be focused on the questions and that will all melt away.

Thank you for the advice