New colour variations to come...

Graeme

I'll be working on some new skins for the new forum (coming soon, when it's ready) ^_^ .

Basically just want some of you to suggest various different colours that you'd like to see in new forum skins.

At the moment there will probably be a darker blue skin, and one skin with the current blue.

Okay, cheers for all your suggestions. Now I need you to do a bit more :P . I've got some rough ideas but since there are so many colours (there isn't just one pink!), I was hoping some of you could go to http://kuler.adobe.com or any site with a hex code generator (basically a number that represents a colour).

If you go to http://kuler.adobe.com you can either find nice themes that you like or click create on the left menu to create a new one. You can pick more than one colour. I basically just need the hex codes for colours that you like, so:

#3726FF for example is a random blue colour.

If you can do that, then it's easy for me to figure out how to make them look nice in various skins.

Once again, let me stress that new skins won't be out immediately. There will be a significant forum upgrade coming soon, and I'll try to make some new skins so that when it's out we can have a bit of variety. If any of you know any people that are good with graphics, please let me know :( . I'm okay, but I'm no expert designer :( .

Things are happening behind the scenes, and I'm sure you'll love some of the changes that are to come.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How about something sleek and dark? Or will the dark blue skin cover that? :P

I disagree, I think dark skinned forums are the most unattractive sites to visit!

I like the tone we have currently with the blues, I wouldn't mind it a tad darker at some areas, but I think we should stick to blue because it's a neutral colour.

As long as we don't change drastically to something like completely white (facebook is going to make me blind at one point) I won't mind... but I think blue= good

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the current colors, but if you would like to change the style and everything else as well, maybe brown/red/orange would be good. But not dark, I was thinking more of the same sequence like it is now...

Although I do not think that pink or purple would be any good. Bright colors on forums are not good because then your eyes start hurting from looking at them..