If I fail IB then what I'm I goning to do?

joelxsnow

I've been asking my self why I started to feel Low many times. I always regret for becoming the person I am right now. I think I will not pass the IB.  If I don't pass I don't know what I am going to do. I mean if I fail IB my life will be in chaos. Since the day I started IB, I have always felt like drowning into darkness. My mind is not working well. And most of the time I feel like I'm worthless because I don't have anyone to talk to in my life. I mean if I fail I IB no one would care that if I'm existing or not. Most of the time I always get grades between 25-28 and I'm learning to get a scholarship for my University.  If I don't get above 31 then I will be ending up without anything. I can't even redo the IB because I can't afford it. I think my option would be Suicide. I always try to think about how to end this pain and most of the time what I am seeing is an empty thing in my mind. I've left only Mock exams to predict my future life. I don't have close friends to discuss about this. Please, can someone tell me at least what I should do or think?

hey, I think my situation is not that bad, but I have to learn how to deal with stress caused by IB, too. Just think that many before you did the same and did not commit a suicide ;) if you have no one to talk with maybe go to a psychologist (I don't wanna be mean, I'm serious)? If you are not able to finish IB, a good option is to leave this class and go to the "normal" one. I know people who did so and didn't regret this decision. 

Hi, sorry to hear you're feeling down.

It's really good that you took the time to post this and say how you're feeling. IB may seem very important right now; you're young; you may feel pressure from other people to do well or maybe you just put that pressure on yourself. Whatever the case, life is much more than what you're temporarily feeling now. There are billions of people on this planet. Most don't do IB, don't go to university; of course, some don't even have any schooling. All of us struggle at some point. We flunk out, don't get we want, fail to accomplish goals, etc. Life is not about succeeding in everything, in fact I would not say it about succeeding at all. Life is about learning to fail. And to get back up. And you will fail again, but that's okay. I brought up the fact the billions of people because among this who have done the IB and passed, those who have done it and failed, those who have never done it, those who have never went to school, the young, the old, the rich, the poor; among all of these groups: Guess what? There are, in every group, people who are generally happy.

I hope you take a bit of time to reflect and feel better. The most important thing is talking about this and realizing how you're so stressed and little-by-little what you love to do or just what makes you feel good.

Suicide is not the way to resolve this problem. It is a temporary problem.

Let's say you pass the diploma. You'll have a meaningless piece of paper sent to you and then you'll go on and in university you'll struggle with something at some point of another and this may make you deeply unhappy. This is not ideal. We will just be right back to this point.

Okay, so instead, let's imagine you fail the diploma. It might sting a little bit or a lot at the beginning, and this is normal, we all don't like failing. But as time moves on, as you move on, it will fade. It won't matter. Even if you don't go to university, because there are people who have gone to university who are unhappy and people who have never gone to university and who are happy. And you'll develop the skills to cope with stress from going through this experience so that next time it won't seem so bad.

I'm going to repeat what I said earlier: I hope you take a bit of time to reflect and feel better. The most important thing is talking about this and realizing how you're so stressed and little-by-little what you love to do or just what makes you feel good. It's okay if you don't have any friends that you think that you can talk to this about. If you have a family member who you think will be supportive, I'd recommend talking with them. I'm going to send you a PM. I hope you feel a bit better.