IB Scheduling

Mahia

Hello. I am currently a sophomore trying to figure out my IB schedule. I really want to take 3 sciences which are IB Computer Science HL, IB Biology HL and IB Environmental Science SL (block course). I am having a hard time figuring out how I can fit IB Environmental science as it is a block course and a third science. I have attached my schedule to this text. The first row is grade 10. The second row is grade 11 and the third row is grade 12. Any help in figuring out what I can do will be highly appreciated. Thank you!1464B9E3-D125-4E60-8FE9-A95E701877E1.thumb.jpeg.187640d32483e3665c86751f86497ebb.jpeg

• Confused 2

I don't believe Math Studies will be offered when you take it as IB is changing the curriculum https://www.lmsd.org/uploaded/documents/Academics/IB/ib_mathematics.pdf.

Also I don't really see much of a point to taking AP comp sci. while also doing comp. sci. HL. 96% of that is going to be overlap and while you might reinforce concepts and get more practice (not a bad thing), you won't learn anything different and it's kind of a waste in my opinion. Especially since you can still take the AP exam while doing the IB and there's almost no additional material. I took the exam just having done Comp. Sci. SL and did well. (assuming you guys chose the OOP option). So that might be we you want to do Env. Sci. if you're also willing to get rid of physics. Again though it's best to discuss this with a counsellor or coordinator