Can I do my extended essay in one of my standard level subjects?

hannah2020

I have a few more days until I have to decide on my Extended essay topic.  I am torn between choosing Business (HL) or English (SL), but I'm not sure if I can do my extended essay for an SL class.  I most likely want to study Business or marketing in university; however, I just thought about a really interesting idea for an extended essay that only applies to my English Lang&Lit subject.  I know it'll be better for me to pick Business as that is the direction I want to go towards to in the future, but I feel like I will be way more interested in writing my extended essay in English.

You are allowed to do the EE in any subject. But remember, examiners will grade it as if you learned most of the HL material. If you have an interesting idea in English, and if you like English, you should do it in Lang/Lit. The difference between SL and HL in terms of level of comprehension is very minimal for lang/lit.