Where to get good Economics commentary-worthy articles from?

I'm missing 2 commentaries. Our teacher seems to think that they will just magically appear in our lives and so puts no effort into helping us search.

Can anyone recommend a site where they found good articles? I've tried BBC, CNN, Sky and so on, but they all go into too much detail. It seems that the world these days wants everyone to understand economics.

For those looking for decent articles on BBC, go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/default.stm. Click on a page, click on the links beside it, anywhere really. The problem is that BBC doesn't have archives, so you have to hunt all over.

Edited by Vvi

Reuters is a pretty good one, but then there are these random little newspapers I've also used. You can also try Helsingin Sanomat in English (www.hs.fi/English), or any of the aforementioned.

Also, why not just do two microeconomics commentaries and one in international economics, development economics is a tad redundant in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

news.google.com ←best site ever for this

Enter whatever term of the concept that you like to write about, for example subsidies and you'll find lots of articles related to that economic concept.

And for Financial Times (ft.com) just google the headline of the article and choose the link that leads you to the article in Google and BOOM your'e in the full article even if you don't have a subscription! It's awesome!

Maybe try personal blogs? Those tend to be short because bloggers don't like posting longgggggg posts.
Or try other news outlets like CBC, CNN, Time, etc.

Do NOT use personal blogs. They usually have opinion in them, which you should avoid. Use brief news articles that are 200-400 words long covering only one or two economic concepts. Also; personal blogs are not considered a good source of news as they are not very reliable.

EDIT: If a mod sees this → please merge my two posts into one. Thanks!

Edited by dniviE

• 4 weeks later...